Friday, January 26, 2007

GOOD SHEPHERD (2006)

Positive Experience/Entertaining? Yeah, definitely. It's not a real crowd-pleaser, but I think it's a great thinking-person's movie. I've read up on this stuff already, so I can say that it's fairly accurate regarding the culture of the CIA. It's not a liberal polemic against the CIA, either (at least, not in my opinion).
Technically any good? While I didn't buy Matt Damon's aging process for a second, his acting skills as the eternally restrained co-founder of the CIA made up for any lack of skills from the make-up department. I am a fan of this movie and don't feel there was much wrong with it. Direction, acting, story, everything works and works well.
How did it leave me feeling? Very satisfied. This is a movie that presents the CIA as a flawed but important agency with a culture very much its own. While only based on the real history of the CIA, it managed to capture the emotional resonance that you get when you learn about this stuff on your own.
Final Rating? GSN - Go See Now - I highly recommend this film for thinking-people everywhere.

Orignal From: GOOD SHEPHERD (2006)

No comments: