Friday, January 12, 2007

USG PROVES THEIR (IN)COMPETENCE

Incompetence is still a word most Americans recognize, I hope. Despite the extreme commonality of people in the United States Government being deserving of the term, I can't remember the last time I've actually heard anyone accused of being incompetent. In fact, as I type the word out, it doesn't even look like I'm spelling it right, but my spellcheck assures me that the spelling is right. That's how rarely the word is used these days. Despite the fact that 911 was allowed to happen by a government charged with keeping us safe. Despite the fact that the Taleban are still around in Afghanistan. Despite the fact that there were no WMD in Iraq and the Iraqis didn't greet us a liberators. Despite the fact that the USG still has yet to capture Osama. Despite the mess that was/is Katrina. Despite the mess that continues to be Iraq. And now, we have a new example of incompetence. The following cutting comes from [http://www.ft.com/cms/s/e629d56a-a18b-11db-8bc1-0000779e2340.html|a January 11, 2006 article] at FT.com. Check it out:
The controversial US air strike in southern Somalia missed all three top al-Qaeda members Washington alleges are hiding out in the country, a senior US official said on Thursday.
The article goes on to explain that 8-10 AQ guys were killed but the fact of the matter is the three top AQ leaders were missed. This shows shades of the "decapitation attack" the US tried to use on Saddam but failed. So, here we go again! It's a shame we Americans don't have the balls to call a spade a spade. The American government is run by fools who clearly can't tell their assholes from holes in the ground. I always hated that metaphor, but it seems clearly accurate in this situation. Of course, now I come to the point where I show of my geekside. I quote the immortal Obi-Wan Kenobi: "Who is the bigger fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?" Good question, Ben. Good question.

Orignal From: USG PROVES THEIR (IN)COMPETENCE

No comments: