Monday, January 08, 2007

Fun Time at the Movies Last Night

So, TheWife and Jen and I head to the movies last night. As we entered the lobby of the multiplex at the Grove I noticed someone familiar to me in front of us (the same outdoor shopping mall we visited on Christmas day). This person was smoking hot Famke Jansen whom you may recall playing Jean Grey in the X-Men movies. We get in line shortly after that and Jen buys her ticket to "Pan's Labyrinth" and just as I'm about to buy tix for TheWife and I the fire alarm goes off. We are then told to evacuate the building. On our way out who do we see coming in but Paris Hilton. Seriously. I had to really stare at her for a few seconds because I almost didn't reconize her in three dimmensions and fully clothed AND without a throng of photogs hounding her. So we go outside along with hundreds of other moviegoers to wait for them to let us back in. We decided to kill some time in the Apple store. From the doorway of the store we later watched as two fire trucks slowly drove through the crowd. They even blew their horn--which was pretty damn funny considering how shocked the crowd must have been to hear something that loud right on top of them like that. I'll add some video I shot of the fire engines to this post tonight. I'm not one to get all starstruck, but the combination of star-sightings and false-fire-alarm (indeed, there was no fire), I thought, would merit a mention on the old blog, so here it is! "Pan's Labyrinth" was good, BTW. Watch for a Pocket Review later in the week.

Orignal From: Fun Time at the Movies Last Night

No comments: