Wednesday, June 20, 2007

APPLE RELEASING iPHONE MINI?

One of the things I've been bitching about for a while now is that the iPhone is ridiculously expensive and doesn't do anything I can't already do with my two existing cell phones. In fact, my two cell phones can do more than the iPhone can. Sure, it can run YouTube videos while my Sidekick 3 can't, however, my SLVR can shoot YouTube videos and the iPhone can't. :) My Sidekick also has a tactile keyboard which allows me to feel my way around the keyboard without having to eyeball each key-press. That's something else the iPhone won't let you do. My point? Well, I'd like to see a 2nd iPhone--cheaper with fewer useless features like that fancy-shmancy voicemail that I couldn't care less about. Well, I don't even need to watch YouTube videos on my phone (I've got hours of vids on my 5g iPod already). The good news here is that Engadget.com is [http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/19/apple-prepping-a-cheaper-iphone-probably/|saying] that it just might happen. A second iPhone is a great idea as the current one seems to have just enough features to make early adopters wet themselves while leaving us rational-thinking gadget freaks scratching our heads at the obvious failings of such a device. A (much) cheaper pricepoint would allow us to forgive a lot of the problems we skeptics have had. I don't mind a good phone with some hobbled features (my aforementioned Sidekick 3 comes to mind), it's just paying six-hundred bucks for it that bugs me. Check out the Engadget.com [http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/19/apple-prepping-a-cheaper-iphone-probably|article] for a very funny artist rendering of both an iPhone Nano and an iPhone Shuffle. :)

Orignal From: APPLE RELEASING iPHONE MINI?

No comments: