Wednesday, June 20, 2007

SHOWBUSINESS: THE ROAD TO BROADWAY (2007)

Positive Experience/Entertaining? Definitely. More than most documentaries I'm seeing these days.
Technically any good? While it's definitely entertaining, I couldn't help but feel like I was missing some of the picture. We got to hear from some people regarding their creative choices as well as what their career/business choices were, which was great. Usually it is the latter we hear about in docus like this. However, because we only heard about some of the creative choices those involved made I felt like the film was deliberately trying to make certain people look better than others. The docu actually turned me off of seeing Wicked (though I'm being taken to it in a few days, so this film didn't make me hate Wicked). Over all, I think this movie does a great job of creating a story and characters you care about. In a way, it's more of a traditional movie that happens to be true and stars "actors" playing themselves. It's also too short.
How did it leave me feeling? Definitely satisfied. I got to see inside the business of Broadway and felt like I got a pretty authentic look. It also made Broadway look like a lot of work, but a lot of fun, too.
Final Rating? SIYL - See If You Like - If you just don't care about the New York theater, I can't promise this film will entertain you--but it probably will.

Orignal From: SHOWBUSINESS: THE ROAD TO BROADWAY (2007)

No comments: