Thursday, June 14, 2007

REAL LIFE GOT YOU DOWN? ME TOO!

Man, there are times when I want to just turn off the world for a while. As I think I've blogged before, there's a certain amount of sameness to each day. Not just the obvious stuff like, you know, existence. Stuff like Bush being an ass, the middle east being fucked up and the mainstream news covering pretty much depressing, pointless things, like the latest massacre or Paris Hilton. What's sad is that too many of us Amerimorons eat that shit up. In response to this sameness (or more boredom of it), I'll probably be blogging a bit less than usual. At the very least I'll be blogging less about current events. I'm supposed to be working on a screenplay, but I just didn't feel like working on it last night due to a bit of depression about the world. I'm trying to think a bit less about all that stuff and have signed up for Second Life. I don't expect to be a convert. In fact, I honestly don't get what the point is to that beyond the "everyone can fly" factor. I think people who turn to Second Life to do things they can't do in real life give up too easily. Then again, if I can find a better job, or maybe get paid as a writer inside SL, then why not? In the meantime, if you find yourself missing my wacky opinion on life, the universe and crap, check out my opinion on life, the universe and crap from the late 20th Century. I've been reposting old content from old versions of my site (previously called SpinningHead, The Bitch Page and GodDamnFriggin). You can check these old posts out by clicking on [http://thepete.com/index.php#thearchives|TheArchives]. I'm posting stuff from 1999 currently, though I have "new" old stuff to post straight up to 2001, I believe. What's amazing is how much I have changed. I've been reading a LOT since back then. Plus I'm a Mac guy now. 1999 ThePete would never have thunk it!

Orignal From: REAL LIFE GOT YOU DOWN? ME TOO!

No comments: