Monday, June 11, 2007

SWAMPED AS USUAL

Ok, sorry for the lack of posts since last week but things have been busy and hectic. Friday night was my bday dinner with my best friends here in LA. We went to Skooby's and then Beard Papa--the evening was awesome! The only thing that would have made the night better is if we has seen a movie, but alas, it took so long for us all to get into Hollywood that before we knew it midnight was rolling around and believe it or not LA gets pretty damn chilly that time of night.

Then on Saturday I woke up thinking I had to meet my writer-friend Chris in H'wood only to remember he was out of town. So, I spent the day cleaning up the homecube (still not done) and transferring more MST3K episodes to DVD--I used to think this was a never ending project, but I'm almost out of Joel episodes! MST fans will know what that means. For those that don't, it means that I'm more than half-way through the series.

The other thing I did with my Saturday was FINALLY star! t my screenplay for ScriptFrenzy.org. I'm over a week late, but when it comes to scripts, I'm pretty cocky comfy with the plan to finish by June 3. I wrote 18 pages on Saturday with a personal goal of 120 pages total. But I'm really excited about this script since it's a redo of an unfinished script I started years ago. Starting over from scratch was a great idea because this time 'round things are pushed much further. This, in turn, helps me stay excited to keep writing, as opposed to what happened with the first attempt at this story.

Then on Sunday I slept WAY in, waking up at 11:30am, of course I was up until 4am writing, so don't think that I'm some lazy bum. :) After that - did some more homecube cleaning, some more VHS-to-DVD dubbing and then hit Trader Joe's for some groceries. Once that was done it was a quick dinner and off to see the new Satoshi Kon anime movie at the new Landmark theater at the Westside Pavillion mall ! just minutes from my home.

Sadly, the movie kind of sucked, which is a shame since Kon's last two movies, Millennium Actress and Tokyo Godfathers were really wonderful, well-made films. Paprika, his latest just didn't do it for me. Watch for a Pocket Review in the next day or so.

I think that's enough for one weekend! Now back to that screenplay! (And maybe some blogging after that!)



Orignal From: SWAMPED AS USUAL

No comments: