Tuesday, October 02, 2007

HUDSUCKER PROXY (1994)

Positive Experience/Entertaining? Every once in a while there's a Coen Brothers film that I don't care for. At least, that's what I learned after watching this film. I think the ending is really what left me flat, though.


Technically any good? I thought everyone was pretty solid except for Jennifer Jason Leigh who needed to scale herself back a bit because only she was truly acting like an actor acted in films that came out during the period in which this film takes place. Wow. Did that make sense? Everyone else was cartoony, but not quite on par with Ms. Jason Leigh. The story was fun and interesting and had a great sense of fable about it, but the Deus Ex Machina ending was so obvious and so stupid (and could have easily been done with more imagination) that it kind of ruined the movie for me.


How did it leave me feeling? Disappointed. I won't tell you what happens, just that it's pretty damn contrived and left me wondering just what the hell the message of the movie was in the end.


Final Rating? NFI - NetFlix It - don't directly spend any money on this one--it's just for Coen Brother fanatics.

Orignal From: HUDSUCKER PROXY (1994)

No comments: