Saturday, October 20, 2007

MS GETS CLEVER WITH MS DEWEY BUT NOT CLEVER ENOUGH

So, I was following a blog chain earlier today and eventually came to discover Ms. Dewey. Ms. Dewey is a search engine that plays upon the heterosexual male (and lesbian) urges in the hopes that said urges will get you to use Micro$oft's search engine more. How are they doing this? Well, have a look at the gimmick:



Yeah... forget "Jeeves"--this search engine is HOT!

Seriously--I spent about an hour entering different things into, uh, her (!) to see what she'd do and how she'd react to everything from polite questions to rude demands (hey, just being honest about my hikikimori ways!). Now, once you run out of lewd things to ask Ms. Dewey (which already assumes you've run out of polite questions) you naturally wonder "damn, this chick is sooo beautiful--I wonder if she's been nude in any movies!"

So, you Google Ms. Dewey (no, you don't MSN Live search her) and discover that Ms. Dewey's real name is Janina Gavankar and YES Janina Gavankar HAS been nude in movies!! Well, she's nude in at least one movie, called Cup of My Blood. She was also on episodes of The L Word (!) and has done a handful of other films. She also has a vaguely Jessica Alba thing going on, though she looks much more mature (a good thing in my mind).

So, here's where Micro$oft's little gimmick won't pay off. The search engine in this search engine is completely tangential to the whole "asking the hot woman to take off her clothes" thing. Like I said, to learn more about her, I didn't just do a search on her right there, I actually opened another tab in Firefox and googled her. Why? Because--when I search, I don't want hot chicks. Well, that's usually what I'm searching for--if I find one before I even start looking, what's to keep me looking?

See your problem Micro$oft?

Now, if you're looking for Ms. Dewey pictures or Janina Gavankar pictures, you've come to the right place. I'm including my favorites from my hour with her below (please feel free to click on those google ads to pay for the bandwidth you're using up--thanks!):



For some seriously randy (read: obscene) attempts on my part click through to page 2 of this post but ONLY if you are over 18 and ONLY if you are not easily offended by the word "cock" used in a way NOT referencing a chicken.

By clicking here you agree to expose yourself to words that would make Mitt Romney cry and you agree to not sue ThePete.Com (or ThePete) for obsceneness.


Ah, Kari Byron--if only you would become the spokeswoman for a giant corporation's search engines! Ah the dirty, dirty, scientifically interesting things I'd ask you!

Orignal From: MS GETS CLEVER WITH MS DEWEY BUT NOT CLEVER ENOUGH

No comments: