Sunday, January 31, 2010

Rick Mercer with Everything You Wanted to Know About Canada but Were Afraid to Ask (circa Feb 2009)

Thanks to Nic on 12seconds.tv for introducing @JayThePal (and me) to Canada's answer to Jon Stewart(ish). I'll be watching more of this dude. He's not quite as funny as Stewart, but he's definitely funny and I definitely learned stuff while watching the above segment. I did, however, already know how parliament "works" and I am jealous.

Just think how much of the Middle East Mess could have been avoided if the US was a parliamentary system. A vote of no confidence would have been a piece of piss to get during the Bush years... SIGH... I think I should start blaming my parents for not birthing me in a different country. ;P

Posted via web from thepete's posterous

No comments: