Thursday, March 11, 2010

One of the more depressing pictures you'll see. But if you're pro-war (or anti-war, really) you should see it.

This is a tough one. But it's an important one. It's my understanding that the below photo isn't photoshopped.

I want you to look very closely at this picture and try and keep it in your minds eye. This was a perfectly healthy twenty two-year-old young man who in the service of his country got half of his head blown off. I think that’s important, I think that’s newsworthy. Let me tell you how newsworthy I think it is. I think that it’s more important than chocolate cake recipes and far more important than comic book reviews. It is more important than who fell and whose swell at the winter Olympic games.

It's a real shame that people think this is worth it to secure the "freedom" of people who didn't ask us for it. It's disgusting that pictures like this don't make the news or the papers because they're more concerned with making money than they are protecting human lives.

The media's job is to educate and inform.

If you think it does that, you're watching too much Fox News.

Posted via web from thepete's posterous

No comments: