Thursday, March 18, 2010

Custom Toy(ish) work for the day--papercraft DIY cigarette boxes based on the Build Your Own Death Project from 2007

The first is a thepete.com branded box and the other features my custom vinyl "Charlie Mad".  Both were done on my old Samsung B&W laser printer (I'd have printed in color but my Epson is out of cyan so I can't print at all on it >_<  The template for the BYODP is pretty cool, though I wish there was some sort of insert that would keep the lid closed better--like a real hard pack of cigarettes.  I'd link to the template, but the official site behind it is no longer active.  The two other URLs on the template are http://irreal.cl and http://supersentido.cl.  However, I couldn't find anything about the BYODP on either site.  Disappointing since I LOVE the idea of this project.

Not sure what it is we me and my mild fascination with hard pack cigarette boxes, but I really dig them.  Once I get more color ink cartridges for my other printer I'll be doing more of these.

Posted via email from thepete's posterous

2 comments:

jules said...

Hi pete. Just a little post to tell you that when searching the byodp template i found this online tool for generating cigarette boxes

thepete said...

Thanks, Jules! Sorry I'm only noticing this comment now!