Sunday, February 25, 2007

BREACH (2007)

Positive Experience/Entertaining? Yeah, definitely, though it was a little weird seeing what is effectively a period piece set in the years 2000 and 2001. Ah, those wonderful pre-911 days!
Technically any good? As far as an adaption of the events, I'd say it was pretty accurate. I don't remember all of the details regarding the true story this film was based on, but nothing seemed inaccurate. Over all, however, I felt the script fell a little flat. It felt more like a TV movie than a theatrical release. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it, I did and was even a little moved at the end. Chris Cooper's performance is brilliant (as usual) and unfortunately overshadows everyone else a bit. I also felt like Phillippe's acting choices didn't change no matter how much his character should have changed throughout the film. That's not to say he was bad--he just wasn't particularly good. Oh and to the next director to cast the Allstate guy: give that man something else to do aside from standing around looking trustworthy, PLEASE!!
How did it leave me feeling? Satisfied, but there was a strange aloofness to the film. For me, there was an emotional connection missing for me. I didn't quite "get" why the lead (Phillippe) entered the FBI or why he even loved his wife.
Final Rating? NXI - NetfliX It - I enjoyed this movie, but I'm not sure I can recommend you drop $10 to see it in the theater.

Orignal From: BREACH (2007)

No comments: