Sunday, February 25, 2007

CHRONO CRUSADE (2003)

[asin: B0002I83IQ]
Positive Experience/Entertaining? Definitely--it's a blast. I've only gotten to episode 15 and while the premise isn't my cup of tea, in standard anime fashion, the characters are so endearing and sympathetic, I can't help but care what happens next.
Technically any good? Like a lot of other anime storylines, this one takes something most of us are familiar with and totally changes it around making it much more fun, dramatic and thrilling. How many demon hunter/exorcists have you known to shoot holy guns and wear thigh-high stockings? This series is probably not the most accurate portrayal of demon hunting in 1920s New York City, but it is a blast to watch and so far there have been very few boring, filler episodes many anime series suffer from.
How did it leave me feeling? Good--I still have another nine episodes to go, but I'm enjoying it a lot. If you're looking for a good anime with a hot heroine (despite her sister-ness, she's still sexy) and lots of great action and fun, this is a good choice. Even if you're not into religion, I'd say go for it.
Final Rating? RTD - Rent The Disc, while not anything I'd watch again, this one is definitely worth checking out at least once.

Orignal From: CHRONO CRUSADE (2003)

No comments: