Tuesday, February 06, 2007

GOOD GERMAN (2006)

Positive Experience/Entertaining? Definitely entertaining, but definitely a little off-putting.
Technically any good? Everything was pretty much spot on. Acting, direction, cinematography, everything was fine, including the script--for the most part. This film suffers from a mild case of multiple ending syndrome. If this film truly had been made in the 1950s, not only would their have been no swear words, but the film would have ended only once. When you see it, you'll see what I'm referring to.
How did it leave me feeling? Definitely satisfied, but I did feel like the film could have more in it. The director has said it's very simplified compared to the book the film is based on and while I really like this movie, I am very curious what was excised from the story. In other words, it makes me want to read the book.
Final Rating? SIYL - See If You Like - It's an adult-themed movie for thinking adults. There's very little action in this movie that is kind of slow but pretty smart.

Orignal From: GOOD GERMAN (2006)

No comments: