Friday, February 09, 2007

RIP ANNA NICOLE SMITH

Ah, shit, this sucks. I don't have any pics of her handy, though if I wasn't blogging this from my Sidekick I would. She apparently collapsed earlier today and was pronounced dead at a Florida hospital. Of course she wasn't a huge talent and her "reality" show definitely contributed to the decline of American TV, but damn it, she was beautiful. Yes, she was surgically augmented to be that beautiful, but ultimately I don't think that matters. She understood that she didn't have much to work with (she was pretty much an idiot) and she did what she felt she could do to become famous and wealthy. In my opinion, this is more than most of us bother to do. Which is worse? The idiot with the huge tits on TV or the immensely brilliant genious who works at a MCdonalds? Sure she was no Molly Ivins, but I really hoped she'd turn out OK in the end. Speaking of the end, I think it's a shame that her train wreck life ended sooner and more depressingly than anyone's should. I also hope we can move the hell on with our lives and not get mired in gossip, pettiness and an endless stream of news stories about the trials determining where her money and daughter go. We've got much more important things to be concerned with, like nonbinding resolutions that disagree with troop surges... I think I'll go add Skyscraper to my Netflix queue. RIP ANS

Orignal From: RIP ANNA NICOLE SMITH

No comments: