Thursday, March 22, 2007

1984 ANTI HILLARY OBAMA AD NOT GETTING IT

So, everyone's freaking out about this stupid "1984" Mac/iPod/Hillary ad some guy made as though it was a scathing attack on the former 1st Lady. As if! What the hell is so big-brothery about Hillary??? I write about big brother stuff all the time and the very last person I would ever think of being guilty of 1984ish behavior would be Mrs. Bill. Is she for increased surveillance of Americans and fewer rights for civilians? Is she for the warantless wiretapping program or against investigations into 911, Katrina, the Iraquagmire or anything else the government has screwed up royal? Well, not that I know of. All I do know is that she's pro-war. That doesn't exactly sign her up for Big Sister status to me. As I watched the infamous video I remember being puzzled as to what about Hillary did qualify her to be CGed into a Mac/iPod ad. I kept thinking about it, turning things over in my mind, but if that had been Bush, Cheney, Rove, Guilliani, hell, even McCain, it'd make more sense. If anything this guy who made the video should have spliced Hillary's head onto Stan Laurel's body in a Laurel and Hardy short. That's more what she and the Dems are like anyway. Hardy would be the perfect Newt Gingrich: "There's another fine mess you've gotten us into!" I could be wrong, of course. I really haven't had the time to keep up with everyone's positions and, frankly, I'm not terribly motivated to keep up with them, either. Especially since Dems are continuing to ignore laws that are being broken by the Bush Administration. Hell, as far as I'm concerned, every politician in DC has violated the public trust. Ah well. I did stumble across another Obama-related video that was pretty damn hilarious. It's not as contravertial, but it is still worth a look. It stars Wyatt Cenac, a comedian I saw perform at Name of Show last week, here in Westwood--needless to say, he was a riot. Check out his video below:

Orignal From: 1984 ANTI HILLARY OBAMA AD NOT GETTING IT

No comments: