Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Check It Out!

I got an email this morning from ThePete.Com contributor Jen that included a link to [http://www.artthreat.net/2007/03/69|this post] at ArtThreat.Net. It's about this contest for photomanipulated newspaper frontpages. In other words, you get a scan of the front page of a newspaper (people still read those?) and then use Photoshop (or your favorite pic editor) to make fun of the news story. Pretty cool little contest. Hit that link above to find out more. Then, I decided to check out what else they blog about at ArtThreat.Net and I've got to say that I was pretty damn impressed with what I saw. Basically, they're a politically-motived art site. In other words, they encourage and cover artwork that makes a political statement. I'm just going to assume that pro-Bush pieces aren't going to get covered by them, however, I'm all for any site that encourages political expression through art (or political expression through ANY medium). So, if you're bored and you like political commentary, check out ArtThreat.Net.

Orignal From: Check It Out!

No comments: