Wednesday, March 14, 2007

More Evidence of Global Warming (to me)

The weather, here in LA, has been screwy to say the least. I was sure summer had arrived and then yesterday it decides to be cold and overcast. Sure "cold" by Los Angeles' standards is still only in the high 50s, but what do you want? Snow? We already had that this year.

Anyway, so here I am wearing my damn trench coat to work again and I'm eyeing the sky for rain. It won't rain, of course. My friend Izzy told me last night that she had read that this has been the driest winter in SoCal in quite a few years. That seems consistent with what I've observed. This is especially true considering my observation from last year that the LA winter had been divided in two and the two chunks have been spreading wider and wider. There is less rain and it's coming earlier (around turkey day) and later (April).

Sure it's dumped a bit on us this year, but not much. My point? Oh, just that our climate sure seems to be changing rapidly. I admit to not being an expert, but I do think I'm pretty good at observing things and I am pretty sure LA is observing some serious effects of Global Warming.

I could be wrong, of course. It's just my two yen as always. However, if anyone has any other compelling alternative theory, please holler. If not, I'm just going to start watching for the tide to come in. ;)



Orignal From: More Evidence of Global Warming (to me)

No comments: