Friday, September 18, 2009

EXCEL SAGA (1999) (anime)


Buy it!
Positive Experience/Entertaining? DEFINITELY. This anime is SO much fun it's insane. No, really it is actually insane.


Technically any good? Hm, well, the animation is perfectly fine and the voice acting is awesome. However, the story is more than a bit perplexing. In short, nothing matters and you shouldn't care what the story is, you should just sit back and let the insanity wash over you. You'll enjoy yourself, but only if you keep your mind wide open.

It also helps the enjoyment factor if you're a big anime fan to start with. I am a reasonable-sized fan of anime and there were still jokes I didn't quite get. However, the ones I did get I busted out laughing at.


How did it leave me feeling? Sad that there were no more episodes! A show like this has so much potential since absolutely anything can happen (and usually anything does happen), that it's a shame (though understandable) that they couldn't keep the series going.


Final Rating? SIYL - See If You Like. This is a crazy-frenetic show that I almost gave up on after athe first episode. I almost gave up on it after the second episode, too. However, by the third, I began to find myself giggling at it. Before long I was hooked in for the long haul. Now, I want to be just like Nabeshin! ^_^

(Minus the 'fro, maybe.)

Orignal From: EXCEL SAGA (1999) (anime)

No comments: