Tuesday, September 22, 2009

STICKY FINGERS OF TIME (1997)


Click above to buy it
Positive Experience/Entertaining? Mixed experience for sure. This movie comes from a great place, premise and intent, but the execution of it just goes south.


Technically any good? Like I said, the premise was really interesting. However, the execution felt sadly student-filmish. The acting through the first third of the film was awkward (and wasn't so much better through the rest of it) and the editing didn't help it. Though to be fair to the actors, almost all of them are good in places, so I tend to shrug more at the director than them.

The film felt slow and that didn't help that the story was really thin. There were plot elements that might have been interesting in a better movie, but this movie has a bad case of trying to run before it could walk.


How did it leave me feeling? frustrated. I don't know how this movie got in my Netflix queue, but I wish it hadn't. However, if the filmmaker ever considers remaking this movie, I'd love to help. I truly do think it has some great ideas (and even, on occasion, some great dialog).


Final Rating? DNS - Do Not See.

Orignal From: STICKY FINGERS OF TIME (1997)

No comments: