Monday, September 21, 2009

Paranormal Activity (2007) (preemptive strike)


Watch the trailer for
yourself!
Positive Experience/Entertaining? Geh, not really. The movie might be really good, but the trailer just wanted to convince me that some folks were really, really scared by it.


Technically any good? The trailer intercuts clips of the movie with shots of the audience in a crowded theater watching the movie. Showing me how other people react to the movie didn't make me wonder how I'd react. It made me think: "Well, I tend not to react the way most folks do, so I don't know if I'll like this."

As far as the movie goes, it looks like Blair Witch Project set in an average suburban house. If that sounds appealing to you, then maybe you should see it. However, because of the nature of the cinematography (looking like home video) I'd imagine it would be much scarier watching it at home than in the theater since it would feel like a more natural environment.

The only thing I really got from the trailer was that the FX are pretty realistic. Probably CG, but minimally--WHICH IS GOOD.


How did it leave me feeling? This trailer didn't give me enough to go on, so I can't tell if I will go out of my way to see this or not. Probably not since most of what I remember from the trailer (which I just watched moments ago) was just the gimmick of seeing the audience in night-vision video.


Final Rating? NFI - NetFlix It: Really, how can they expect any of us in today's economy to spend $10+ to see a movie shot like a home video?

This movie originally premiered at Screamfest back in 2007 but then was screened at Slamdance in 2008 and is slated for limited release in the US on September 25, 2009.

Orignal From: Paranormal Activity (2007) (preemptive strike)

No comments: