Monday, September 21, 2009

Obama Asks Us to Take Responsibility: This isn't Bizarro World, It's Parody Earth (pt 1)

Seriously.

President Obama said the following in an ABC News interview today: "For us to say that you've got to take a responsibility to get health insurance is absolutely not a tax increase,"

Uh-huh. Let's think about this for thirty seconds.

He's right. It's not a tax--it's a government hand out to corporations. By passing a law that says we MUST pay a health insurance provider for services, we're not paying a tax, we're paying a tithe--like the kind you give in a church--a tribute to God, basically.

I'm an atheist, so I don't give to churches. Likewise, I don't believe in the insurance system (health or otherwise). I think it's a terrible system that allows people to get rich off of the suffering of others.

I don't care if they'll be forced to cover me, I don't want to support them.

But if Obama has his way, I will have to.

Obama also said the following in that ABC interview: "Right now everybody in America, just about, has to get auto insurance. Nobody considers that a tax increase."

NO, THEY DON'T HAVE TO GET CAR INSURANCE.

Man, do I HATE politicians who pull this shit!

Just because YOU drive a car doesn't mean EVERYONE DOES.

As it happens, I live in NEW YORK CITY.

But guess what: I sold my car in 2004--four years before I moved to NYC, when I still lived in Los Angeles.

So guess what, Obama and America: one-size does NOT fit all and I don't appreciate the suggestion that I HAVE to pay into a system that I morally object to.

I sold my car in order to avoid spending hundreds of dollars a year on:

Maintenance
Fuel
Registration
Parking
Insurance

So, Barry, don't tell me about how health insurance is equivalent to car insurance because it's not.

I stopped driving a car half-a-decade ago. I can't stop driving my body.

What you're suggesting is nothing but a juicy present for the insurance companies.

Funny how banks and corporations get what amounts to health care from the government while we living, breathing humans have give up our freedom to opt out of systems we don't believe in.

Part 2 coming tomorrow.

Orignal From: Obama Asks Us to Take Responsibility: This isn't Bizarro World, It's Parody Earth (pt 1)

No comments: