Thursday, December 10, 2009

OK, so, to be fair, it may not be OSX's fault it's been crashing... there may be a conflict with Parallels.

Big surprise, huh?  An app that lets you run Windows is just like begging the computer gods to damn you to hell. ;)  But yeah, so I googled the problem and found a handful of folks posting online about similar troubles with Snow Leopard crashing a lot.  Some of those folks had Parallels installed, so I'm thinking that may be what it is.

So, I shouldn't blame the chronic crashes on OSX entirely.  It could also be that I didn't have the latest version of OSX installed.  So, there's that.  However, I've done the update now, so we'll see how it goes from here.  I've still got quite a bit of video to convert by the 17th so I'm really hoping it will stop with the crashes...

Posted via web from thepete's posterous

No comments: