Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs : Operation Chokehold

Got an email from Tim Toon of TimToon.com with a link to the a post on FakeSteve.net talking about an iPhone reverse-boycott of AT&T. Check it out:

 

Operation Chokehold I’ll tell you something — I’m really SiSePuedeRosieRivetorblown away by the way people have responded to AT&T’s bastardly behavior over bandwidth usage. Our engineers are friggin livid. And, because they’re engineers, which means they’re basically evil little pricks, they’ve come up with a plan to teach AT&T a lesson. They’re calling it Operation Chokehold. Last night I got this email that they’ve been sending around inside Apple, encouraging people to join the crusade:

Subject: Operation Chokehold On Friday, December 18, at noon Pacific time, we will attempt to overwhelm the AT&T data network and bring it to its knees. The goal is to have every iPhone user (or as many as we can) turn on a data intensive app and run that app for one solid hour. Send the message to AT&T that we are sick of their substandard network and sick of their abusive comments. THe idea is we’ll create a digital flash mob. We’re calling it in Operation Chokehold. Join us and speak truth to power!

Man, I HATE the phrase "speak truth to power" because 9 times out of 10 it doesn't actually fit the situation--like now. I'm all for this campaign of course, but I think AT&T is fully aware of the "truth" that iPhone users don't appreciate AT&T's sucky network or it's recent suggestion that iPhone users stop using so much data. It's just that AT&T either doesn't care or can't afford to upgrade their network.

Of course, when Google's Nexus One phone goes on sale next month all you iPhoners still with AT&T might want to consider switching over to the first phone that really holds a candle to the Jesus Phone. That's the best way to show AT&T (and Apple) who's the boss.

I've already decided that when I upgrade away from my iPhone (which has been on T-Mobile's network since November of 2008) I plan to upgrade to the Nexus One. No more of this iTunes crap. I'm sick of being told what to do with my phone.

Posted via web from thepete's posterous

No comments: