Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Why I *won't* be getting a Nexus One. Damn it Google... you coulda been a condenda!

Home » Handset News, Rumors and More

Nexus One to be $530 Full Price, $180 on Contract

Submitted by AndroidGuys on Tuesday, 29 December 2009Comments (40)

...

The full cost of the handset will be $530 unsubsidized. Google won’t deliver us from the evil that is the US system (yet).  Don’t feel like dropping a mortgage payment?  Sign a 2-year agreement and get it for $180.00 instead.  As of right now, there’s only one rate plan to choose from: $39.99 Even More + Text + Web for $79.99 a month.

...

Check this out: Wanna cancel your plan before 120 days is up?  You have to pay the subsidy difference between what you paid and the unsubsidized price.  That’s $350, kids.  Or you can return the phone to Google.

Geh... $530 for a PHONE? That's something even Apple wouldn't pull without some loophole. The only reason I bought my 3G iPhone was because I knew I could cancel my 2-yr contract, pay the ETF and still end up paying around the same amount I paid for my first iPod. And didn't I hear something about $99 iPhones with a contract? Google's barely even trying to compete with that price-point, which is a shame. And for $180 you get the phone and the right to spend $80 plus taxes and fees every month for 2 years. Just more of the same from the wireless world.

Can I get an unlocked Droid? :)

I mean, seriously--$530?? Asus has a touchscreen tablet netbook for that price and it has *multi-touch* unlike the Nexus One. So :P

Color me disappointed. I thought TheGoog was going to do something amazing.

Serious sad-face.

Posted via web from thepete's posterous

No comments: