Friday, December 18, 2009

So Windows Vista likes creating data even if you're doing nothing with it...

I finally worked out that I could save a GIG of space by telling Vista to not create a pagefile.sys--that's a huge help when your OS is riding on a 3.7GB SSD. The funny things that even after I did this and a whole host of other space-saving things, I noticed the amount of available space was shrinking despite the fact that I was still *deleting* files. Have a look at the pics to see what I mean.

1.16GB free at 6:18.

A bit more than ten minutes later and we're already down to 1.13GB.

A little over an hour later and we're down to 1.07 and this after a few minutes of Facebooking and a single web video watched.

10 minutes after that and we're down to 1.05.

I think I'll just stick with Linux unless I'm interested in streaming Netflix, thanks very much, Micro$oft...

Of course, once Netflix decides to support Linux (or the other way around), I'll have one less reason to ever bother with Windows again.

Posted via email from thepete's posterous

No comments: