Friday, February 26, 2010

20th Century Boys: a movie about school kid fantasies taking over the country and then plotting to wipe out humanity.


fuckyeahasiancinema:

20th Century Boys (Yukihiko Tsutsumi, 2008/2009)

Based on the amazing manga series by the one and only Naoki Urasawa.

Named as one of 4 manga that altered my perception of Japanese culture. I haven%u2019t seen the movie though, and don%u2019t plan to, not for a while yet anyway.

This movie is a blast. There are two sequels, of which, I've seen only one. I'm really looking forward to seeing the third film in the series. I MUST find out who Tomodachi really is!! I think I'll read the manga since I don't want to wait for American distributors to get off their asses and release these movies in the US. Here's the subbed trailer for the first "20th" movie on YT:

Posted via web from thepete's posterous

No comments: