Saturday, February 13, 2010

Anyone who saw my Tweets the other night about how bad "Sky Crawlers" was can FEAR NOT! See "Moon" instead!

So, a couple nights ago, I sat down and watched the anime feature "Sky Crawlers," directed by Mamoru Oshii, director of some of my favorite anime ever. Sadly, "Sky Crawlers" was incredibly boring. The good news is tonight I saw the film "Moon," directed by Duncan Jones and starring Sam Rockwell and it has the exact same premise. So, I strongly recommend that you see it, instead.

If you've already seen "Sky Crawlers," you owe it to yourself to see "Moon." Everything "Sky Crawlers" does wrong "Moon" does right.

Sure, "Moon" isn't anime, but you won't have to hate yourself for sitting through all two hours of "Sky Crawlers," like I did. Trust me--"Moon" has the exact same premise, a different setting, and is 30 minutes shorter. No cliched message about how horrible war is, but there is some anti-corporate stuff in there, which it also has in common with "Sky Crawlers."

What are the odds of me seeing both films randomly so close together, though? Cray-Z!

Posted via web from thepete's posterous

No comments: