Tuesday, February 02, 2010

@siskita and I watched "The Warriors" and my answer is... YES: I CAN DIG IT!!!

Wow, this movie was really fun. I was a little disappointed to not see the original, uncomic-book-ized version on the DVD Netflix sent and sadly the product linked to above is the comic-book-ized version too. Still, the film manages to be a lot of fun anyway and if you never saw the original, it won't make a difference to you. I do wish the original cut was included. I think it's kind of a crime that it isn't. Regardless, the film is definitely worth seeing in either form. At first it seems like it'll be just a cheesy, low budget action film, but if you look past the surface, you'll pick up much more classical influences. It ends up being an awesome little film. I definitely recommend it! Four stars, for sure!

Posted via web from thepete's posterous

No comments: