Thursday, February 18, 2010

"I tried to talk to God to no avail... I said if you won't save me, please don't waste my time."

THE SUMMER SUN THAT BLOWS MY MIND IS FALLIN’ DOWN ON ALL THAT I’VE EVER KNOWN IN TIME WE’LL KISS THE WORLD GOODBYE FALLIN’ DOWN ON ALL THAT I’VE EVER KNOWN… IS ALL THAT I’VE EVER KNOWN A DYING SCREAM MAKES NO SOUND CALLIN’ OUT TO ALL THAT HAVE EVER KNOWN HERE AM I, LOST AND FOUND… CALLIN’ OUT TO ALL WE LIVE A DYING DREAM… IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN… IT’S ALL THAT I’VE EVER KNOWN… IT’S ALL THAT I’VE EVER KNOWN CATCH THE WHEEL THAT BREAKS A BUTTERFLY CRY THE RAIN THAT FILLS THE OCEAN WIDE I TRIED TO TALK WITH GOD TO NO AVAIL I CALLED HIM UP IN-AND-OUT OF NOWHERE I SAID IF YOU WON’T SAVE ME PLEASE DON’T WASTE MY TIME

via oasisinet.com

Those are the lyrics to the Oasis song "Falling Down." While I'm not a music buff, I do love music deeply and something about these lyrics nailed it for me, both as an atheist and as someone critical of the way things are happening in the west these days. Ironically, the first time I heard this song was as a theme tune for a new anime series out of Japan called "Eden of the East." It's about random individuals being tasked with creating a new Japan out of a stagnating/decaying one. It's really fun and thought provoking. In a sense, it's almost like the lyrics to "Falling Down" present the problem that the "Eden" series attempts to solve. How would you save the west? How would you be our messiah (as the series calls it)? Check out the official "Eden of the East" website (it's in Japanese): http://juiz.jp

Posted via web from thepete's posterous

No comments: