Monday, February 22, 2010

Finder Freakout: when #OSX goes horribly wrong!

Back in December I was cutting some Jay ThePal video when I had some
issues. They were kind of amusing, so I took a few screencaps and put
them aside to post them. I totally forgot until today. The first one
shows Finder (the Mac equivalent to Windows Explorer) crashing and
refusing to start back up. Note Jay ThePal's shocked expression. ;)
Next, I cmd-tabbed out of FCP to see a Finder window still open. This
made no sense, so I decided to try force-quitting Finder to get it to
restart properly. Only when I opened the force-quite window, *no apps
were in it*. (see img #2) SIGH. From there, I just tried to click
"OK" on the "Finder.app can't be opened" dialog until it stopped
coming back. It never stopped coming back as the final pic in this
series shows. >_machine!! :P

Posted via email from thepete's posterous

No comments: