Sunday, June 20, 2010

Further proof that heads of corporations arr serious sociopaths...

Granted, there are exceptions, but this is pretty disgusting:

Screencap source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/19/AR20100619029...

The headline almost says it all:

"BP's Hayward takes a day off for yacht race, infuriating gulf residents"

But there's more in that article that's infuriating:

"As social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook lit up with anger, BP spokesman Robert Wine said the break is Hayward's first since the Deepwater Horizon rig BP was leasing exploded April 20.

"He's spending a few hours with his family at a weekend," Wine said. "I'm sure that everyone would understand that.""

No, sir, I can't understand that because I'm a moral person. If I had been in charge when this mess happened I'd put on a respirator (I hear that oil is toxic), get down on the ground, and help with the cleaning up of animals. If my family wanted to spend time with me, I'd invite them on a trip to the beach. I'd keep a cell phone handy so I could be reachable, but that's it.

I'd understand that, because of my colossal blunder, the rest of my life would be spent atoning for my environmental sin. I'd do that with a bottle of soap in one hand a tooth brush in the other. I'd also plan to quit, work out how to live the rest of my life at a middle-class level, and donate the rest of my fortune to the Gulf of Mexico recovery effort.

There, Tony, I just wrote you a script for how to not go down in history as an asshole. Protect your legacy. Your money won't mean a thing after you die, but your name--your kids and grandkids will be ridiculed--history books will mock you--you will be remembered as an amoral cretin who cared more for his "own life" than the lives he helped destroy.

You'll also be remembered for owning a yacht called "Bob". Who do you think you are, Joss Whedon??

Posted via email from thepete's posterous

No comments: