Tuesday, June 01, 2010

On the third restart of the day after my MacBook keeps crashing.

I'm getting pretty tired of seeing this:

I'm not sure what the hell I did to this thing but it's overheating without a lot of reason to. Converting sound files into mp3s? Having a couple browser windows open with 10 or 15 tabs open? These both seem too much for my 3 year old black MacBook. Two years ago, I spilled coffee on it--I cleaned it up, it booted right back up and has been working fine until some time last year (around the time I started shooting in HD) when suddenly it started crashing, seemingly out of the blue. I'm not sure why it can't just slow down like any Windows PC does. Instead, the power cuts out and I lose whatever hasn't been saved. Yay.

Posted via email from thepete's posterous

No comments: