Monday, June 14, 2010

Obama pronounces Gulf seafood safe to eat--WHEW! Here I though all that oil was toxic! I'll go get a straw!

Obama pronounces Gulf seafood safe to eat

Associated Press

June 14, 2010, 3:25PM

THEODORE, Ala. — President Barack Obama says from the oil-stricken Gulf of Mexico that seafood from the region is safe to eat and announced a new coordinated effort to make sure it stays that way.

In remarks from Theodore, Ala., on Monday, Obama said that the government will step up its inspections and monitoring to help ensure that the Gulf Coast food industry is getting the kind of protection and certification it needs to sell its products around the country.

Obama said, “We don’t want tragedies on top of the tragedy we’re already seeing.”

Ah, well, OK--so long as President Obama says so! One thing I'd HATE to do is trust another leader to do something right only to discover they have zero qualifications to do said thing at all. I HATE when that happens! Like, remember that time when we trusted the USG to make sure BP and other oil companies were being safe only to discover, after a HUGE oil spill, that the USG had given BP a waiver so they didn't have to do any reviews before offshore drilling began?

Yeah, I remember that and IT SUCKED!

BOY I'd hate to do something like that again! That'd be so dumb!

What's that old saying? OH YEAH:

"Fool me once, shame on you--fool me twice... y'can't--y'can't get fooled again!"

Ah yes, what a saying and what a man, the leader who said that! Hey... did he screw something up? I'm trying to remember now...

Oh yeah, and don't drink oil with a straw. Unless it's olive oil. Even then, you probably shouldn't...

Posted via web from thepete's posterous

No comments: