Wednesday, June 02, 2010

My newer system drive xferring files to my back-up drive. Next to it is my old system drive which still works fine.

After tearing my desk apart I never did find my jeweler's screwdriver but I managed to get at my MacBook's system drive with the tip of my Swiss Army knife's fingernail file.

What's funny about the drive on the left in this pic is that it was originally my MB's system drive. According to Disk Utility it was getting ready to fail last November in the middle of National Novel Writing Month. So I pulled it out and stuck in a 500GB portable external I had. Here it is, less than 7 months later and the 500GB drive is suddenly unrepairable by Disk Utility (after it was repaired a couple times before) and guess what--the original system disk still works just fine. I use it for back-up but it seems like all my data is safe.

The question now is, what to do? This is the first time in 7 years that I haven't had my own Mac. :\

Posted via email from thepete's posterous

No comments: