Saturday, June 12, 2010

Tonights entertainment: Stalag 17 starring Bill Holden, a Crunky Chocolate Bar and a Bottle of Ichigo Sparkling

We we're going to watch Evangelions 1 & 2 but the Netflix came today, so tonight's refreshments match tomorrow night's movies. Ah well.... Still, Stallg 17 was really quite good. In fact, I loved it. Definitely think "Great Escape" is better, but Stalag ia perfectly good. Everyone's great--especially Holden.

Crunky Bar is from Japan. Not sure why they don't call it "Crunchy" since it would be fairly simple to translate into "クランチ" (Ku ra n chi) but I guess the Japanese dig it. And it was quite tasty!

I expected Ichigo Sparkling to be kind of nasty--like a bubble gum flavored sugar drink, but it actually tasted like you'd expect--ichigo (strawberries). It tasted so much like ichigo that I bet I could have recognized the flavor in a blind taste test.

Of course tonight was a somewhat wild ride away from my "no sugar" diet, but hey, it's still my birthday week, right? :)

Posted via email from thepete's posterous

No comments: