Wednesday, August 22, 2007

STARDUST (2007)

Positive Experience/Entertaining? Definitely. Not a film that blew me away, but definitely an enjoyable experience.


Technically any good? About the only FX I had trouble buying were the elephants in the cage at the beginning. I've seen more realistic miniature elephants in a Burt I. Gordon film. However, everything else I pretty much bought. Acting-wise, I think Michelle Pfeiffer can just stop being in things now. Hers was the least interesting performance of the movie. Everyone else was pretty solid--even De Niro's flying pirate character. The script had quite a few holes in it, but the over all spirit of the film allows me to come pretty close to forgiving every last one of them. However, that doesn't mean they're not there. The music could have been a bit less obnoxious. I got that this was supposed to be a score to a sweeping epic, but in three instances the music seemed to be trying desperately and unsuccessfully to make up for a distinct lack of sweepingness.


How did it leave me feeling? While about on the level of the best SciFi Channel movie I've ever seen, I'd definitely say I felt good after watching it. This film ended up being much better than I expected it to be. I should clarify--I haven't seen a movie on SciFi Channel that was better than this film. However, I have seen TV shows that are MUCH better than this movie.


Final Rating? SIYL - See If You Like - It's definitely a fun, safe bet for enjoyment if you're looking for something (anything) to see. I bet you won't be let down.

Orignal From: STARDUST (2007)

No comments: