Sunday, April 18, 2010

WTH is the "Stargate" gun this USGI is holding in this pic? Also: thing #1 on my "What Bugs Me About Tumblr" list

1) What the heck is this gun? I'm woefully behind on my military weapon-technology news, so I am clueless as to what this really is. Are USGIs carrying their M-16s in cool Star Wars action figure cases from the early 80s now? Or is this some sort of new weapon?

2) I truly *love* Tumblr for it's sheer variety of content--I never know what I'm going to see popping up in my Tumblrstream. The only problem is, people are so fast to repost content that they often don't bother with proper attribution or even a bit of commentary.

So, now, if I want to know what this thing is, I have to go Google it (wish me luck finding this needle-in-the-Internet-haystack!) or repost it to my own stream and see if anyone who follows me knows what it is. Any chance *you* know what this is?

I mean, seriously, what's the point of posting this without mentioning SOMEthing about it? You're just adding to the useless content noise out there. Ah well... like I said, I'm still thankful for the content--better than not knowing about or seeing these things at all, I suppose...

Posted via web from thepete's posterous

No comments: