Sunday, May 30, 2010

#LightsaberBattle in #SoHo Picture Set #3! Meet the NYJD: The New York Jedi Department

I thought about calling this set "Meet New York's Finest (Jedi)".

What surpised me the most about the lightsaber battle was that there were cops there. Not a riot squad dressed in full SWAT gear or anything, but maybe ten or so beat cops. I was worried at first but after they saw we were just having fun they stood back and let us. One even joined in, well, a little. Pic #1 is a cop with a gorgeous saber replica. It's hard to see in the pic but it's an incredible piece.

Here's the same cop checking out a lightstaff the same guy who design the saber made.

Pic 3 and 4 are the same cop getting all Karate Kid on us! :)

Note his right foot in the air :)

All in all, he seemed like a pretty good sport. I hope I run into him if I ever go to another protest :)

OK! More pics tomorrow!

Posted via email from thepete's posterous

No comments: