Sunday, May 30, 2010

#LightsaberBattle in #SoHo Picture set #4: Sabers Sabers every where and not a...hey, how come my blade is so dark?

Brand new batteries in a brand new "Force-Action" Darth Vader lightsaber and it barely shows up on camera.  You can see it in the HD video, but it just didn't seem worth it to try to take cool pics with it.  I'm going to hack a better light source into it--maybe solder in a high-intensity LED... or FIVE.

In the meantime, here are some cool pics of other people's much brighter light sabers:

Pic 1: Sea of Sabers!

Pic 2: Sierra with my old Rubies-brand Darth Maul, double-bladed light saber.
172_1068.JPG

Pic 3: Another shot of Sierra with my old Maul saber.  While it's double-bladed and the blades *fully* retract, sadly, it makes no sound and one of the lightbulbs burned out. Yes, it's that old--no LED inside.  I tried to crack it open, but couldn't work out how to do it without breaking the thing :(

Pic 4: a final shot of Siskita with my Maul saber grinning for the camera.
172_1071.JPG

Pic 5: Siskita with an awesome neon saber she borrowed from the other guy in the pic.  He was kind enough to pretend that the Maul Saber was still cool (despite having had one "when he was a kid" crap, I'm old! I bought that thing in my late 20s!).  That said, I didn't get his name. :(
172_1077.JPG

Hey, if you're that dude, let me know what your name is so I can properly credit you as the guy who loaned my wife his saber for a bit!  Thanks!!

Posted via email from thepete's posterous

No comments: