Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Another Glimpse Back in Time at ThePete.Com


So, when I switched over from SpinningHead.com and started using ThePete.Com, I didn't want to change the cool rotating banners. Something about confusing my site visitors appealed to me (don't ask me what that was--I've no idea now) and I liked the idea of reflecting the diversity of my interests through a banner that changed every time the page was loaded. So, that stayed. I wanted to be more color-coordinated, however. So, as you can see, the motif was red, white, black and blue.



The black background was something I stuck with for a very long time. Eventually, I decided my site's BG should be white, like paper. Every so often, if I'm feeling particularly depressed, I'll switch the BG back to black. The last time I did this was in 2004 the day after John Kerry conceded the election. I wasn't mourning him, I was mourning the political system which clearly wasn't working...



But I digress. These banners were around (I believe) in 1999 or possibly 2000. I think it was shortly after that when I started experimenting with a single logo that would eventually become the one I have today.



I've got one more post after this one regarding the olden times of ThePete.Com. Well, that is, unless I find more of my old html files laying around.
Mobile post sent by thepete using Utterz Replies.


Orignal From: Another Glimpse Back in Time at ThePete.Com

No comments: