Thursday, April 17, 2008

Before ThePete.Com, There was SPINNINGHEAD!


Ugh... this is hard to post, actually--what you see above is one of the earliest incarnations of ThePete.Com. SpinningHead.com was my first "real" site (as opposed to something at Geocities or FortuneCity). The idea was that the babyhead (me at 7 months) would spin and spin while you browsed my site. The catch was that the spinning was really distracting and annoying, so at some point, I stopped it.



I didn't really bother keeping track of what happened when, so I don't know precisely when I bought that old domain name and I certainly didn't keep track of every time I changed my site design--at least not until July of '99 when I bought "ThePete.Com" as a domain.



I do vaguely remember having bought the SpinningHead domain with birthday money, so I think it was June of 97--since I'm not sure I decided July of 98 would be a reasonable compromise for a "birth date" for my site as it is today--that is to say, a blog site.



The Bitch page would show up later in '98 and that was my first attempt at real regular content posting--what we call blogging today. I'll be posting screencaps of later versions of SH.c and ThePete.com, soon.



But just look at that monster! A black background? Those graphics? Why the hell didn't I put each one on a new line? "Fun Page"?? "Life Sucks"?? Wow. I was SO imaginative!!



Or not... O_O
Mobile post sent by thepete using Utterz Replies.


Orignal From: Before ThePete.Com, There was SPINNINGHEAD!

No comments: