Tuesday, April 01, 2008

ThePete.MuxTape.Com & Anywhere.fm/thepete


So, after reading a couple of Utterz from PixelFish (http://www.utterz.com/…NA/utt.php ) about this first site, I decided to check it out and I must say the simplicity of Muxtape.com is really what won me over. I like this trend of uber-specialized websites that do one thing reeeally well. Call it Web 2.0.1.



Anyway, so the process is so simple, I won't even tell you how to do it. If you like making mix tapes, check out MuxTape.com. Though one word of warning, they only allow 12 songs on a "tape" and one "tape" per account--definitely lame, but I suppose there's nothing stopping you from creating other accounts for other mixes. Hopefully they'll add the ability to create more mixes soon.



Anyway, so check MuxTape out here:



http://thepete.muxtape.com/



It's just a few tracks I'm listening to a lot these days. Feel free to let me know what you think.



A similar service to this, but more complicated and more useful is http://anywhere.fm/ --they are essentially iTunes in a Flash-based interface online. You upload your music (so far, still unlimited) and then create playlists that friends can access. Or they can listen to everything straight through. I don't think you can pick and choose unless it's your own account. Regardless, it's a pretty cool way to share music. I don't use it as much as I'd like to. That said, check out my music here:



http://anywhere.fm/thepete



The only problems I can see with Anywhere.FM are 1) the upload process, despite broadband, can be a bit frustrating if your connection is at all flaky and 2) sharing music through playlists is a little annoying. I just want to allow my friends to listen to some albums that I have--but I have to upload the albums *and* create playlists for each one, as well.



Still, both services are free and fairly easy to use, so I can't complain. If you have a mobile phone that can do Flash websites well, then you'll never need onboard storage for music again--just point your browser at either Anywhere.fm or Muxtape.com and start listening.
Mobile post sent by thepete using Utterz Replies.


Orignal From: ThePete.MuxTape.Com & Anywhere.fm/thepete

No comments: