Wednesday, April 23, 2008

CNN.com More Quality Reporting!


Earlier today while looking for news on the earthquake in Taiwan, I saw a picture of a gas-price sign that looked really familiar. It was being used as proof that gas prices were out of control--coming in at $100/tank. Of course, the picture looked familiar to me because I had taken one of the exact same sign but from the opposite side for my photoseries on gas-price signs. Hey, I walk and take the bus a lot--I've got to pass the time somehow!

Anyway, so the picture I took was at an absurdly over priced gas station selling no-name brand gas for about 60¢ more than most other stations were at the time. Here comes CNN using a pic of the same sign a month later as though that station is representative of all prices here in Los Angeles.

In fact, I only know of one "Prena" brand gas station and that one is it--on the corner of Melrose and Fairfax. When I saw the prices they were charging I immediately wondered to myself if they were just a mob front. So, I'd like to thank CNN for sensationalizing news, one more time!

As if gas prices aren't bad enough all on their own!
Mobile post sent by thepete using Utterz Replies.


Orignal From: CNN.com More Quality Reporting!

No comments: