Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Apple Jumps the Shark with New iPod Shuffle

OK, for years now, it's been easy to see why Apple does so well. The
only time I've ever really wondered what drugs they were on was when
they introduced the first iPod Shuffle. With no display screen I was
puzzled as to just what I was supposed to do with the thing. Years
later, a friend gave me his since he wasn't using it and I realized
that, for me, it was perfect for listening podcasts. Who needs a
display when you can listen to the podcast and know what you're
listening to? Songs, however, are a different story--but now Apple
wants to think it has that problem beaten--by having the iPod Shuffle
talk to you. That's all fine and good, but wouldn't it have been
cheaper to just throw a display on it? And how the hell do you hit
play? And what's with the posing of the hand model in the pic on
Apple's main page right now (see above)?? The way the hand is holding
the super-smooth Shuffle with it's rounded edges suggests the form
factor of a suppository.

Seriously, Apple has taken a cute little player with personality and made it a faceless, boring slab that could easily be mistaken for a tampon (ladies, back me up on this!).

So, sad. Please get better soon, Steve Jobs!

Posted via email from thepete's posterous



Orignal From: Apple Jumps the Shark with New iPod Shuffle

No comments: