Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Own Battlestar Galactica Series Finale Script (Act 3)

As I said in my lifestream a few minutes ago: Wow. Heavy Act 3. Didn't expect that to effect me the way it did. Ran a little long, too.

Curious what the heck I'm talking about? I've just finished writing Act 3 (of 5) of part 1 of my very own Battlestar Galactica series finale. Click here to read my original post that explains all about the why's and wherefore's behind me writing my own Battlestar Galactica series finale.

FOR THE RECORD: I am avoiding both parts of the real 2-part BSG series finale until I am done with mine. No sense being influenced by the writing of the guys that got us this messy-ass plot in the first place, right?

ALSO: The goal is to have part 1 and part 2 done by Friday, March 20, when the real part 2 of the actual Battlestar Galactica series finale airs. Yep, so I have 2 more acts to write in part 1, then a teaser and five more acts after that to finish in about seven days. Good thing I write fast. Do I write good--er--well? Why not judge for yourself?

Here is the teaser and Acts 1-3 of "The Big End" part 1:

PDF on Drop.io:

http://drop.io/thepetecom/asset/bsg-the-big-end-20090314-pdf

And here is the Scribd window with the PDF in it:



Battlestar Galactica, the characters, settings and so on, are all (c) Universal Studios, blah-blah-blah. HOWEVER, this is my script. UniStu can HAVE it if they want it, but in exchange, I get to come in and pitch some stuff. That's a fair deal, I think.

I don't have any other notes aside from that I did get one bit of feedback from Shindo of http://shindotv.com asking about Cavil and Co. It was a great point and while I still haven't addressed it in Act 3, I will in Act 4. I almost did it in this act, but it was just too long anyway. Oh and thanks for the shoutout in your recent iPod Shuffle-slam post, Shin! We seem to agree on a few things, don't we?

Orignal From: My Own Battlestar Galactica Series Finale Script (Act 3)

No comments: