Friday, March 13, 2009

My Own Battlestar Galactica Series Finale Script (New Act 1)

OK, so, I spent a couple days fleshing out the plot of the 1st half of my idea of what the Battlestar Galactica series finale should be. This was mainly because I knew the first Act 1 I had written was sucky. So, tonight, I rewrote it and a bit of the teaser, too. So be sure to re-read the last couple pages of the teaser before you read the new Act 1.

Don't know what the frack I'm talking about? Read all about my own Battlestar Galactica series finale script.

So, you can download the PDF of the script so far from this link:

http://drop.io/thepetecom/asset/bsg-the-big-end-20090313-pdf

Or you can read it below in the Scribd Flash window. Check out below the Scribd window for some notes about this project.



First off, Battlestar Galactica is (c) Universal Studios. I mean, duh. The story elements in this ep are (c) ME, but if Universal Studios wants the script, they can have it. Just give me credit and let me come in and pitch some series ideas I have. ;)

One thing I realized while writing up my story notes on this project is that I wasn't going to be able to tell the BSG finale story I wanted to tell in 45 pages (the average length of an hour TV script). Then I remembered that the actual finale will be two episodes long, so I decided to stretch mine into a second episode, as well.

Now, this means there's no way I'll have it done by, uh, tonight (Friday, March 13). Duh award to me. In fact, the only way I'll be able to finish before the actual series finale airs on March 20, is if I can manage to pump out 15 pages of script a day for the next week.

I know I can do that, but the question of "will I?" is appropriate to wonder about.

I can say this: if you read this, (even well after the real finale airs) please let me know what you think. Whether you like what I write or not, it will help me a LOT. So, please, leave a comment.

We writers rarely get audiences clapping for our work... or audiences for our work at all.


Orignal From: My Own Battlestar Galactica Series Finale Script (New Act 1)

No comments: