Monday, March 30, 2009

toys.thepete.com: PARKOD: Pretty Angry Robot Killer of Dogs



I hoped to get this posted yesterday, but TheDad was in town, so my

time was limited. Anyway, here's a fairly recent piece that I more

did more as an experiment than anything else. His name is PARKOD.

What the hell does PARKOD mean? It's an acronym:



Pretty

Angry

Robot

Killer

Of

Dogs



PARKOD started off life as a clear-with-sparkles-in Toy2R Dog Qee that

I covered in black Sharpie ink, leaving 4 areas uncovered--his hands,

his eyes and his nose. This was so I could experiment with light

passing through the clear plastic body.



I did color his eyes and nose red, though the red glowing effect was

achieved by aiming a laser pointer at it. The blue glow effect was

reached by aiming an ultraviolet penlight at it. The last shot is a

light-up plastic "icecube" that I hoped would cast light up,

through the head, and out his eyes and nose. Only kinda worked. :(



Still, I think I've got a good idea to expand this project, though I'm

not sure I'll have enough skill to make it work. We'll see!



Check out the full Flickrset here:



www.flickr.com/photos/thepete/sets/72157616022709421/



And you can always check out more of my custom toys at toys.thepete.com



Orignal From: toys.thepete.com: PARKOD: Pretty Angry Robot Killer of Dogs

No comments: