Monday, March 09, 2009

OBSERVE AND REPORT (2009) (Preemptive Strike)


Watch the trailer.
Positive Experience/Entertaining? For some reason I like Seth Rogan even though I generally don't like his movies. So, as I watched the trailer I found myself wrestling with two ideas. 1) Seth Rogan is funny and 2) this movie looks stupid. Then a third point struck me: Didn't that "King of Queens" guy just do a stupid security-guard-takes-himself-too-seriously movie?


Technically any good? On a technical level, this does look smarter and funnier than the "King of Queens" guy's stupid security-guard-takes-himself-too-seriously movie, but that's not saying much. It's still a stupid security-guard-takes-himself-too-seriously movie. Sure, we've all smirked, condescendingly at our local mall's rent-a-cop, but would any of us pay $12.50 to see a movie about the guy?


How did it leave me feeling? Shrugful. I understand Rogan is just trying to milk his flavor-of-the-month status for all its worth (I know, it's more like flavor-of-the-year) so I don't blame him for churning out as many scripts as he can just to keep the momentum going. But we still have every right to look at his latest and go: "Meh. I can just as easily Netflix Caddyshack."

And I strongly believe you should.


Final Rating? DNS - Do Not See. Sorry, Seth. If you had been in Caddyshack you'd have made it better, but Observe and Report looks terrible.

And what the hell is with that title???

I mean, I hate movies written by focus groups, but did you even ask yourself if that was a good title??? Keerap, I'd bet good money (if I had any) that you'd be unable to find a single person who saw this trailer in front of Watchmen in the same theater as me who would actually be able to remember the title of Observe and Report.

Orignal From: OBSERVE AND REPORT (2009) (Preemptive Strike)

No comments: